Monday, August 2, 2010

Another 40 Reasons

So, here are my 40 reasons NOT to recover. This is basically what my eating disorder says, and reasons that keep me in it.

1. I would have control
2. It is easier
3. I wouldn't have to fight and could just give up
4. I would get more attention
5. I wouldn't have to gain weight
6. I would never have to worry about getting fat
7. Seeing my body change
8. It is something I'm good at
9. The sense of self-control
10. It shows I'm disciplined
11. I have accomplished something
12. The dedication and hard work it took to get here
13. It's something I can hold on to
14. All the compliments I get
15. It is what I know to do
16. Everyone else is over-reacting
17. I have a sense of power
18. I get to wear small clothes
19. Never having to hear my mom tell me I have hips
20. The high I get from feeling hungry
21. Never having to feel full
22. Knowing I can just take laxatives if I eat too much
23. Feeling energized from diet pills
24. Not having to worry about a period
25. Being able to see my collar bones
26. Saving money on food
27. Seeing all the food in the cabinet and knowing I didn't eat it
28. Being able to make a meal out of coffee and gum
29. Having a set ritual
30. Being able to make my own rules
31. I don't have to change if I don't want to
32. I don't have to answer to anyone else
33. I proved that I could do it
34. I'm too far gone anyway
35. There's no way to get back to normal
36. It's just too hard to recover
37. I can just repent and ask for forgiveness later
38. People pay more attention
39. All the gifts and letters I've gotten
40. The feeling of reaching and accomplishing a goal that not many others could do

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing on this blog, Jessica. I hope that you've found it helpful and relieving to be as open & vulnerable as it's requiring you to be. Looking forward to seeing you as UCF starts back up!!!

    ReplyDelete