Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If I was photographed naked...

So this was one of the first entries I wrote during my stay at Magnolia Creek. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Written March 9, 2010

If my life was photographed naked, it would be an expression of true beauty. It would show the inner qualities of a woman of God. The qualities that truly matter- strength, dignity, self-worth. It would be an individual expression of unique qualities that I possess and want to share with other women. It would show that I do not place my worth in my outward appearance or a number on a scale. I do not place it in blemishes or scars. I embrace those scars. Those scars tell a story. They are a part of me, but they do not define who I am. I do not place my worth in the size of my thighs, or whether they jiggle when I run. No, my worth and my identity are worth far more than these transitory and insignificant traits. This woman is a work of art, a miracle crafted by the creator God. I am unashamed of my body, because it is not even my own. My body does not belong to me but to God, and He perfectly crafted and shaped it in His very own likeness. My body is a living testimony, a walking testament of health, vigor, and wellness. It is a representation of wholeness and fulfillment. This day, I choose to abandon and reject all the things the world tells me about my body, and embrace it as a precious treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,
    I am so glad you are writing all this down - I look forward to reading your powerful writing and process through life.

    Much love my gorgeous cousin

    ReplyDelete